What can you do to protect Nebraska families from the devastation and destruction caused by expanded gambling? Below are some suggested ways you can help:
- Educate yourself with the TRUTH about gambling by reading the information on this website, researching and keeping up to date on pending local and national laws.
- Share what you’ve learned with friends, family, and civic or faith groups.
- Join with Gambling with the Good Life to help us keep Nebraska casino and gambling-free.
- Pray that our Nebraska State Senators will see the TRUTH about what expanded gambling will do to Nebraska and that they vote against ALL expanded gambling bills.
- Donate to Gambling with the Good Life so we can continue to fight for you and all Nebraskans.
- Contact your Nebraska State Senator to voice your opinion to stop predatory gambling in Nebraska.
When the losers are invisible, the winners are invincible. If you want to help those who have been pushed into the shadows by the predatory gambling trade and our government, you can share your own story here.
Gambling with the Good Life is a grass roots movement that welcomes the involvement and support of those across the state who share our concerns about the negative impacts of gambling in our communities. We are ordinary citizens who believe that together we can make a positive difference for Nebraska. Join us!
Gambling with the Good Life (GWGL) operates exclusively as a non-profit organization through both a 501 (c) (4) corporation and a 501 (c) (3) educational tax-deductible corporation. Contributions are received from the general public.
GWGL has NEVER received any contributions from casinos, foundations supported by casinos or individuals directly connected with casinos.
LEGISLATIVE AND BALLOT ISSUES
Gambling with the Good Life (GWGL) has maintained an active presence in the Nebraska Legislature, the media, the community, the political process and on ballot issues since its inception in 1995. GWGL has operated on a shoestring budget through a 501 (c) (4) non-profit corporation, spending only $59,000 (excluding 2004 and 2006) to successfully defeat all expanded gambling measures between 1995 and 2013.
In 2004, GWGL formed a Ballot Issue Committee with the Nebraska Accountability and Disclosure Committee. During the two years that gambling issues were on the general election ballot in 2004 and 2006, GWGL raised approximately $317,000 and $88,000 respectively to defeat those issues, while the opposition spent about twenty-five times those amounts.
Gambling with the Good Life Educational Corporation has operated since 1996 as the educational arm of GWGL with donations being tax-deductible under the IRS 501 (c) (3) code. Yearly income and expenses average about $35,000 with the budget being broken down as follows:
Staff – 75%
Professional Services – 2%
Rent (rent, internet, telephone) – 10%
Fund Raising – 6%
Travel – 3.5%
Office (equipment, supplies, resources) – 2%
Programs – 1.5%
Your support to “Gambling with the Good Life” will make a difference. Contributions can be made through PayPal by clicking the “Donate” button, or sent to:
Gambling with the Good Life
2221 South 141 Court #6
Omaha, Ne 68144